Monday, November 14, 2016

The son of Leonard Cohen pays tribute to the father: ‘Charisma without audacity’ – VEJA.com

The newsroom

access_time 14 nov 2016, 20: 30 – Updated 14 nov 2016, 20h40

One of the sons of Leonard Cohen, Adam, paid tribute to his father, who died last week, at the age of 82 years. On his page on Facebook, Adam, who is also a musician, recalled the singer and songwriter who left numerous successes, such as Hallelujah and Suzanne. "My sister and I just bury my father in Montreal. With just close family and long time friends present, it was downloaded to the ground in a coffin of pine-wood without ornament, close to his mother and his father. Exactly as he had requested", he wrote in the early hours of Sunday.

"As I write this, I am thinking about the unique mix of my father’s complete self-deprecation and dignity, her elegance accessible, your charisma without audacity, and their kindness the old and of the tower forged by hand that is your job," continued Adam. "There are so many things that I wish I could thank him, just one last time. Would appreciate the comfort that he always gave us, by the wisdom that he gave us, for the long conversations, for his wit and humor. Would appreciate for it has taught me to love Montreal and Greece."

"And would appreciate it for the music; the first music with which he seduced me as a child, then by his encouragement to my own music, and finally for the privilege of being able to make music with him. Thank you for your kind messages, for your compassion and for your love for my father," he finished.

Leonard Cohen died last Monday at his home in Los Angeles, but the news of his death was disclosed only on Thursday night. His last studio album, You Want It Darker, had been released a few weeks before, in October.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment