Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sharon Jones. There is still time – Observer

there is Still time.

This time it’s 3 in the morning and I’m not on the radio. Perhaps the irony of this evening is the fact that having spent hours listening to new songs, thing that not always we have time to do… Was I this evening to swap songs and disks with my colleague and friend, Duarte Pinto Coelho with Radar, one of the biggest fans that I know of Sharon Jones. It is not ironic? As I write these words, he does not know that she died. Will be just a estremeção in our heart that is more vulnerable this year. But already now, as I said in the last days, without the heart, the songs died, and we need both of us to cling to the melodies more beautiful… we will Continue to by the masochism in the service of creation.

This was the such night in which I dedicated myself to the new – the night in which Jones of 60 years dies and I write this thing dangerous taking the risk that it entails; the culture is selective, and ruthless; We even think that we chose, but it chooses us; we hear, see and read when the routine frees us. When the world opens up to us. In the village where I lived, all of the months came a van of the corrugated sheet where they hid the books all of which I thought to exist. At least it was from there that I brought the world and made mine better, with the traveling library of the Gulbenkian foundation. Li of the Seven to Kafka and you know mine, as it made me more picky, but there is, for this to happen it is necessary that a truck cross country, and we today have is tar made toll road (no place for the old van of the plate where ondulava the wisdom of a few…).

3 in the morning yes. I knew there is little that Sharon Jones died. And many of you will ask, who was the Sharon Jones? And I say to you without telling too much: it was a wonder of the Soul. A woman with a talent much bigger than the one that your body carried and where it fits the music so many years of struggle, of life, of the gift. The Sharon sang Gospel and joined in the Funk but it was clearly a woman’s Soul. A small body and hellion where you could fit songs to which she gave voice as if deslindasse mysteries to your life. Notice we do all of this: some collected stamps to escape the everyday life of the shelf, and others were able to write books or songs. All of us delivered in homeopathic doses, even the little believers of the alternatives.

I have Always admired Sharon Jones. It was the black woman whose sweat ran down in the spout and sometimes joined in the tears. God knows how sometimes disfarçamos the joins in the skin and is only emotion. Sharon Jones, this format of us-made soul, so often compared to James Brown in the female, it was a woman experienced in love and life that only met success very late. And it is now that the Portuguese resigned comes in and says: "poor thing, not had any luck!". This is the kind of thinking that I had to pay a fine for all that translates to a fatality, the guilt, the absence of the future. Sharon Jones died at the age of 60 years (leaves 7 albums with the Dap Kings – the band that accompanied her) and a smile that many of us – however much we strive we’ll never have. You know it’s a happiness full, even though it is lived only for the moments that a life is made of felicidadezinhas incomplete. Her head shaved for the cancer, and the smile covered by his ch arisma, saying: “I have cancer but cancer does not have me to me. And he, this sly sneaky that leads us to life from behind the scenes, just to silence our Sharon who gave some unforgettable concert in Portugal such as the Meco or the Aula Magna.

it is Never too late to get anything, and believe me, the Sharon Jones may not have known the fame deserved in life, but still here waiting to be heard.

Merit.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment