Saturday, November 19, 2016

Singer of soul, Sharon Jones dies at the age of 60 years – Globo.com

The singer of soul Sharon Jones died at the age of 60 years on Friday night (18), reported its official profile in Facebook. She struggled, since 2013, against a cancer in the pancreas, says the note.

Sharon was born in Georgia, in the United States. Singer since I was a child in the church choirs of the Sunday masses, Jones rose to fame after the age of 40. She was discovered in the mid-1990s, when doing the backing vocals in a presentation of the singer Lee Fields. The singer has also made investments in concerts and albums of Lou Reed, David Byrne and Fat Boy Slim. In 1996, he released his first album.

While the recognition is not arrived, the singer turned to as I could. So much so that, for some years, was known as “officer Jones”, while working as a guard in the island prison Rikers in New York.

No longing of prison
She said, to the G1, which was missing from the days when he worked as security in a car strong. “The season has really helped to make me the woman that I am today, helped me to grow and I am very thankful. But I never caught myself thinking ‘wow, I wish I could still be a prison guard’,” he said, laughing.

She was obliged to take a career break after receiving the diagnosis with a cancer in the duct colédoco, which is part of the digestive system. Had to fight the same disease that killed his mother in 2011.

But the interior of the microphone does not meant a distance from the public. The singer made it a point to share with the fans all stages of treatment. “I thought it was my duty to be honest and show that it is possible to overcome the cancer. If I inspired at least one person, it was worth it,” she told.

With the disease overcome, Jones returned to Brazil in 2015 on the tour of their sixth album “Give the people what they want”, released in 2014, and if introduced in Porto Alegre, Curitiba, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment