Tuesday, November 22, 2016

12 things you didn’t know about The Cure – Express

1. That the father of The Cure loves music and books ('Killing An Arab', the band’s first single, is inspired by "The Stranger", Camus’) is not new. But the singer also does not twist the nose to one of the greatest passions of any English worthy of its name: the football. In school, the little Robert was playing the ball because I liked, and also because the game allowed you to integrate with colleagues. "They made fun of me in school. The fun is the natural way of humans to defend themselves against the difference. I never felt part of this world, except when it was part of the football team," he said in 2004, "Rolling Stone". The club election of Robert Smith is the Queens Park Rangers, a team of London with other fans famous (Phil Collins, Pete Doherty or the cook Jamie Oliver), and in which, incredibly, does not play any Portuguese footballer.

2.

in The week that portugal defeated England in the European Football 2004, Robert Smith was not particularly sad. Concerned with the mood of the artist, the journalist, the German who interviewed provoked: "I Bet if you could ask for a wish he asked that England had not won." The English language disagrees: "No, I like more of Portugal." And has not the worth of Beckham and company? "Beckham? Not, is an idiot!", ripostou Smith. "Only sees the money to the front and try to enter the world of the woman, instead of following your instinct."

3.

In the last concert of the us tour of 1986, The Cure saw a spectator to commit suicide. Destroyed by an unhappy love affair, a man named Jonathan Moreland chose the grounds of Los Angeles where the Cure would act minutes later to put an end to his life. The principle, the other spectators thought that this was a joke to entertain the public, but Moreland was really to jab a knife in the chest and in the stomach, repeatedly. He died on the way to the hospital.

4.

Robert Smith seems determined not to leave offspring. This family planning began to take shape in the head of the English early: "When I was 10 years old, I told my mother that I had never have children," she recalls in an interview to "Rolling Stone". "My father asked me how I could say such a thing and I was unable to answer. But I felt that it was going to be like that. Being a father was the most selfish thing I could do." In another recent interview, Smith has another argument: it is said to have already passed your genes to the songs that he wrote. But there are children in the life of Robert Smith, married for almost 30 years with the girlfriend of a young teen, Mary.. Robert and Mary have over twenty nieces and nephews, and pamper with gifts "into account", such as trips to Eurodisney.

5.

it Is considered to be one of the richest men in the world of music, but Robert Smith is not much given to wasting money, preferring the simple pleasures… and economic. "I’m not a very material. The first thing I bought when I had the money it was a bed. The largest bed that I have found. After I bought a jeep and then already there was nothing more that he wanted to buy. Provided that you have money for books and to eat, all right," he told "Spin" in 1987, that is, in the year of the album "Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me" has turned the Cure into global stars.

6.

In 1995, The Cure played at the festival Super Bock Super Rock, in Lisbon, with bands such as Young Gods, the Jesus and Mary Chain, or Faith no More. The times national shocked the british journalists in a story in our country: "That there are hundreds of people almost to sleep has more to do with the fact that the concert will end at 3: 30 a.m. of that with the music", wrote the Q.

7.

In 1989, the now-defunct Melody Maker came Robert Smith to the wall and asked him to speak about their great heroes. The man of The Cure reminded of the elephant Dumbo ("Strange, spectacular and alucinogénico"), Mary Poppins, Spider Man, Betty Boop, Alice in Wonderland, and, above all, Pinocchio. "If I were Pinocchio, my nose had five kilometres. I had already left lies until you start to give interviews again. It is the only time that I feel the need to lie. I need to make things more interesting for myself."

8.

The biggest phobia of Robert Smith are the spiders. "Those spiders fat with legs that are long and into very thin, that it seems that will blow up, leaving me sick,” says Smith, quoted in the biography "Never Enough". "On a tour in South America, I turned on the bathroom light in Brazil, and I saw a giant spider to sneak to the cabinet. I spent the night thinking about what she and her girlfriends came with me to the bed. I didnít sleep a wink." Smith also do not feel at ease to planes, having traveled to the United States, in the tour of Disintegration, on board a transatlantic ocean liner.

9.

The Cure have recorded the best album of all time. Who says Kyle, one of the characters from "South Park", in the episode in which Robert Smith is the special guest. Then, in an epic battle, save the city from the terrible threat of Barbra "Mecha" Streisand, Robert "Mothra" Smith quits "South Park" towards the sunset, while Kyle, well impressed, yells: "'Disintegration' is the best album ever!". The feat seemed to have had the nephews of Robert Smith, which had until then not seen in the occupation of uncle nothing glamorous.

10.

When joined to the Siouxsie and the Banshees, with whom he played guitar at the dawn of the 80s, Robert Smith wanted to make it very clear that "did not belong to that world," gothic. By this, played live with a sweater, pajamas, striped azulinhas.

11.

the One who is [still] one of the latest songs of The Cure, the title 'The Reasons Why' (from the album ‘ 4:13 Dream", 2008), includes excerpts of a letter of suicide that Robert Smith received in 1987. "I knew the person who sent me the letter. Suicide-if the same. Would my age, now," says Smith in the NME.

12.

In the era of "Disintegration", Robert Smith was on LSD the fuel of choice. The acids had effects peculiar to the singer: "she Took the clothes and put me to play tennis with myself, in the dark," he admits, almost 20 years later, the NME. "Of course there was no ball, but he had a racket! People arrived already in the morning, and asked me: are you well? And I: I am great! I got two sets and a set in white!."

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment