Thursday, February 9, 2017

Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin leaves the stage this year – TVI24

Aretha Franklin. Reuters

At 74 years of age, with 56 career, Aretha Franklin prepares to leave the stage. Will burn your 42.º disk, with the participation of Stevie Wonder, which should be released in September and at that time will no longer show up.

I should tell you that I am retiring this year”, showed the singer in an interview with the television station, the north-american WDIV Local 4 of the city of Detroit, where he resides and where it is headquartered the publisher, Motown, that was the engine of Soul music.

Still, Aretha Franklin did not rule out the hypothesis continue to make disks.

Write, but this will be my last year of shows”, admitted the singer, who in her career won 18 Grammy awards and played some of the best known songs of Soul music, such as “Respect,” “Chain of Fools”, “Baby I Love You”, “Spanish Harlem” and “Angel”.

In the interview, Aretha considered to be living a moment of “bitter and sweet at the same time,” because the music “is that I’ve done all my life”, as I said.

I Feel very enriched, and satisfied in seeing where began my career and where it is now. I will continue to very pleased, but I don’t intend to be sitting somewhere, doing nothing. This would not be good”, recognized the singer.

Aretha Franklin noted that, soon, his grandchildren will go to university, and who intends to spend more time with them.

About his upcoming album, the 42.No., said to be “jubilant” to get into the studio and start the recordings.

The disk will have the production and participation of Stevie Wonder on several tracks, will be released in September, and then Aretha return to the stage to present a short digression.

On the album, the singer has revealed that it will be “multi-directional”.

I’m Not going to classify it as one style”, stressed Aretha Franklin, adding that it will be entirely recorded in Detroit, where he lives, and that all the songs will be original.

the Acclaimed, with millions of records sold over more than a half-century career, one of the last performances by Aretha Franklin that ran the world occurred in December of 2015. During the awards ceremony the Kennedy Center, the singer took emotions to a room full, including the ex-us president Barack Obama.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment