Saturday, September 26, 2015

“The song reflects our state of mind, you can not lie singing” – publico

                 

                         
                     

                 

 
                         

The album has been released a few years ago, in 2011, but in Portugal Uxía had only performing at festivals. Now, for the first time, My Corner debut in a national concert hall.


                     

                         First, this Saturday will be displayed in the main hall of the Municipal Theatre of St. Louis, for 21h. Then he goes on to Coimbra, where on 1 October will be shown in a concert in the Auditorium of the Music Conservatory. And the 2nd will be the turn of the Casa da Música in Porto.

“I wanted to make a very honest, simple disk. Back to basics, it with my guitar (in this case it’s not me that I play), but the concept is the same: the guitar, the voice and the word. I also wanted to show the poetry that has always accompanied me, of Galician poets, Portuguese and even Brazil. There is a song written by Rogaciano Leite, who is a poet from Pernambuco, music by Socorro Lira, which is called Singing and smiling . That is what I do in my life. “

With Uxía, voice and tambourine, is the Portuguese stages a trio composed of Sergio Tannus, cavaquinho and tambourine (he was producer of the album My corner , along with Jaime Alem, the music director of the Maria Bethania performances) Sandri Cribeiro, accordion, and Isaac Palacín, percussions. The latter two belonged to Berrogüetto, “a wonderful folk group that unfortunately became extinct,” says Uxía. “I have the great good fortune to count on them now.”

Already after My Corner, Uxía recorded another disc, unheard of in Portugal. It’s called Ballad of Galicia Imaxinaria and has only two instruments: her voice and electric guitar Narf, a musician and composer Galician near the rock. “We were discovering, together, a Galicia that can be assimilated by all, Galician and not Galician, a universal Galicia, and this is very lyrically, with Lorca in Galician, Castelao, Rosalia, Curros Henriquez. It’s a different disk, gravámo it at home. It has the sound of valves because it is an electric guitar seriously, with distortion and all. If I sang soft and ethereal, it would have a strong singing, because the contrast would be, and is, the most interesting. “

The list of Uxía with Portugal (and other Portuguese-speaking countries) is old. An eternal return. “I always felt I had to go home because this is my home: Portugal. It is also an opportunity to show, in retrospect, my work. The disc already does a certain hindsight, to rewrite some issues that corner since the beginning of my career. But as I saw that the theme of the corner was very present, went looking for other songs also speak it, than allows me to express through my instrument, which is the voice. “An instrument that she tries to take care of in the best way. “It’s savior, it is therapeutic for me. On the other hand, the voice is a very fragile device and expresses the deepest feelings. The song reflects our state of mind, you can not lie singing. It’s the most wonderful profession in the world. “


 
                     
                 
LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment