Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Angelina Jolie takes ovaries after being detected signs of cancer – Digital Journal



 
 Angelina Jolie, 39, had surgery last week to remove their ovaries and fallopian tubes after the doctors have detected early signs of cancer. The American actress, who already knew he had a high risk of having the disease, shared decision in an article for The New York Times on Tuesday, entitled ‘Angelina Jolie Pitt: Diary of a surgery. ”
 
 

“Two years ago I wrote about my choice to make a double preventive mastectomy. A simple blood test revealed that carried a mutation in the BRCA1 gene. He gave me a risk estimate of 87% of breast cancer and 50% risk of ovarian cancer. I lost my mother, grandmother and aunt to cancer, “wrote the actress. Her mother, Marcheline Bertrand, died in 2007 at age 56 because of a cancer in the ovary.

In the article, the actress reveals that the procedure had been planned previously and although it is less complex that your mastectomy, the ‘effects are more serious “because” puts a woman in forced menopause’.

Finding that there was a possibility of having a cancer, Jolie called her husband, actor Brad Pitt, who assured her support to do the surgery. She narrated that made the decision for having had cases of cancer death in the family.

“I spent [the surgery] because I imagine like thousands of other women felt. I told myself to stay calm, be strong, and I had no reason to think that I would not live to see my children grow up and have my grandchildren, “she said, which also included which can not be more children because of the procedure: “Despite the hormones that I am taking, I entered the menopause. I can not have more children, and must undergo some physical changes. But I feel peaceful with whatever comes, not because I am strong, but because it is part of life. It’s not something I should fear. “

” You can not remove all the risks and the fact is that I will remain prone to cancer. I’ll look for natural ways to strengthen my immune system. I am female, and rooted in the choices I am making for myself and my family. I know my kids will never say, ‘My mother died of ovarian cancer’, “wrote the actress, who is the mother of six children with Pitt:. Maddox, Zahara, Pax, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne

Jolie concludes: “It is not easy to make these decisions. But you can take control and face facing any health problems. You can seek advice, study the options and make decisions that are appropriate. Knowledge is power “

.

Comments

All comments are subject to moderation. DD reserves the right to delete comments that do not comply with the rules of use. The published comments are the sole responsibility of their authors.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment