Friday, June 24, 2016

Vanessa da Mata with Delicacy “playing with a mutant aesthetics” – publico


 
         
                 

                         
                     


                         
                     

                 

 
 

I know her first as a songwriter by Chico Cesar and Maria Bethania, but all it took was the first solo album in 2002, to become a rising star. Early in the century, Vanessa da Mata was just a well-kept secret. Today, it is already a name engraved with legitimacy and security in the musical firmament. Born in 1975 in Alto Garças, in Mato Grosso, after Vanessa da Mata , the debut album, released six: Essa Boneca Tem Manual (2004) Yes (2007, where he recorded Good luck with Ben Harper) Multishow Live (2009), Bicycles, Cakes and Other Joys (2010), Vanessa da Mata Canta Tom Jobim (2013) and the following Sound (2014). During the tour of the latter (which continues, but is almost over), envisioned a different show. I decided to call it Delicacy . Presents now in Portugal in Coliseus Lisbon (Friday at 21.30) and Porto (Saturday, also at 21.30).

“I had been a project that I really liked make of Tom Jobim. With orchestra, reminding Tom orchestra, “says Vanessa Publico. After him came Follows the Sound , still with a very strong sound and contributions from musicians like Liminha and Kassin: “These are solid partners from the beginning. But there are others, like Fernando Catatau or Marcelo Jeneci. Are important even in the arrangements, not only in the compositions. “All of this led her to experience a return to the clearance of its beginning. “I think I needed to change completely. Out where his career had taken me to return to a place back there, like a fresh start, where I could feel at home. It is a need to bring back the intimacy for my career. “On stage started only two musicians (Danilo Andrade, piano, and Mauricio Pacheco, guitar and guitars), which came to join another, with” technological textures ” (computer, synthesizer, pre-recorded voices) and it is this formation which now features in coliseums. “It’s a show that I consider very experimental, it is changing over time, I do not want it to be static. There is my need to play with this mutant aesthetics. “

The idea is to get the stage, without giving rise to disc. “We’re having a lot of insistence to turn it on DVD. But it is very early still. It is a show that shows my vocal potential on several songs and interpretations, which brings the compositions in a quieter way. And I like that feeling. “And Vanessa think this is the time for a show like this. “My first album had the proposal of a certain delicacy. As I complete 17 years of career, which actually are 20, if not start the disks, celebrate can also bring a bit of the beginning. “

Vanessa da Mata makes up a lot, and on impulse. Has joined hundreds of letters and songs, uneven quality, it will using when justified. “I compose compulsively, but do worst: write books, clothing design, do not stop. I have three children, dawn agreement, too. Work “in 2013 launched” with sponsorship José Eduardo Agualusa and Luiz Schwarcz, the Companhia das Letras “, his first novel, The Daughter of Flowers ( Ed Quetzal, 2013)

As for the current situation in Brazil, its position is fearless but hopeful:.. “the personal and interpersonal crises cause, of course, influences on us. I think we go through a very significant time, a need to be no more corruption, to understand at all political. It’s a really catastrophic crisis, every day I see more people living on the streets, hospitals without money, a horrible thing. I know there are always ups and downs, it’s a strange thing that happens with us. But we will go through it and will rebuild again, is a very Brazilian thing. “


                     
 
 
                 

             

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment