Sunday, November 29, 2015

Ana Moura: “Shyness is part of my corner” – Correio da Manhã

continues to deconstruct fado with the applause of all. Ana Moura is the largest phenomenon of Lisbon song

He gave more than 400 concerts in six years, in and out of the country. ‘Desfado’ drive, 2012 It was the best selling domestic album in five years, reaching five plates, nearly 77,000 copies sold, and staying there consecutive 145 weeks in the top of Portuguese sales. Also hit the top spot of world music charts in England, Spain and USA. Ana Moura is the largest phenomenon of fado. Three years ago, began to deconstruct the song of Lisbon, and so now goes to the new disk:. ‘Moura’


With so many made in his career, it can be said that Ana is at this point a ‘Moura’ enchanted?

Yes. I think when the charm end it ceases to be grace. The charm is part. It is good to be constantly surprised. I did not expect, for example, that the ‘Desfado’ [2012 album] have been received so well, much less expected today, three years later, still in the top ten best-selling albums.


This charm that speaks dazzle means?

I think not. I am sure that never deslumbrei me. I like the word spell.


Sit a phenomenon?

(laughs). No. I have a hard time seeing me out. Only when others call me out is that I think the best things. Carlos do Carmo, for example, asked, “Now what’s going to happen to fado after ‘Desfado’, which is what will happen next?” (laughs).


But this new album seems a ‘Desfado Part II’. This thing to deconstruct fado is an irreversible path?

I wanted this record had a butterfly on the cover precisely to symbolize transformation, the symbolism of metamorphosis. Regarding the ‘Desfado’, this disc has some repeaters composers, has the same producer, but musically has a few different things.


And what are those things?

The ‘Desfado’ was more raw. This has already electric guitars, for example. The Portuguese guitar itself was treated differently, with an electric guitar amplifier, giving you a different sound. In terms of arrangements, there is very little different details. The sound that gives introduction to disk, for example, is the feedback of an electric guitar with the start of a tape recorder.


is a more free disk?

Yes, now I do not want something else (laughs). There are charming details here I had not done in the ‘Desfado’. I think this record is even more daring than the last.


feel like you’ve created a fado yours?

Yes. I feel it more and more. That’s my main goal, and I think I’m getting it.


And this fate is well understood by everyone?

Honestly, I stopped thinking about it. After recording the ‘Desfado’ I confess I had some fear, but people understood it well. I think I have realized that I have no intention to change the fate. I’m just following my path. Fado is full of these stories. The very Amalia came to be challenged at various times in his career.


Anna back to bring fado people who are not of fado, like Jorge Cruz, who signs the single ‘Day Off’ and is the lead singer of the Devil on the Cross, a punk folk band. This is why irreverence or for personal pleasure?

This everyone has a very Portuguese language, only that it is a very current language and with which I identify myself too much. The ‘Day Off’ could not be more Portuguese, with all the characters. For me, all these composers have a singer vein.


For the first time, recorded a subject of Carlos Have, lyricist of Rui Veloso!

Having Carlos was the first lyricist I sang, because when I was very little singing the songs of Rui. This theme ['My Love went to Brazil'] was a fluke. Manuela Azevedo was the Clan who showed me this song because it had not come to record it and thought I’d like. I fell in love right away, of course. Have I asked for the record and he told me then yes. Interestingly, not yet met in person. We are to combine coffee.


She started singing those who today are known as the evenings da Moura family, was still the one Ana scull. What there is still that girl?

There is still a lot. In fact, there is still everything. It’s funny, because I thought it was an outgoing girl. I have a brother three years older than me. At that time the gatherings with my parents and their friends, was the first to ask to come home. I stood up to so many dancing, singing and playing with my dad. So until very recently I had the idea that had been an outgoing child (laughs).

And why today says otherwise

Some time ago, I met with some friends this time told me: “Oh, that Funny, it continues to be the shy girl ever. ” Apparently, the already was at the time but did not know (laughs).


And it’s easy to be shy and always surrounded by crowds?

Today I recognize that I can be shy, but I am also a person who loves to live. I am sociable, but not really social. I think that’s the best way to describe me.

How is fighting this shyness when you’re on stage?

No fight. I now accept it. I learned to accept it over time and to live with it. All people who deal with me know that I have this personality trait. And it’s funny because today I even realize that shyness is part including my corner. A few years ago, it was said too that the artist could not be shy, and I’m proof that it is not true (laughs). And do not think it has to be something that has to be changed.


So to say that this sensuality very characteristic voice of Ana Moura, after all, is shyness?

My voice also has a dose of shyness, yes. . Only it’s contained


In the fates of this new album, written by Manuela de Freitas, sings: ‘My voice suddenly / is the voice of everyone / De all that life has / When the evening comes to an end / I looking for me / And I can not find anyone. ” It’s about you?

These verses are quite descriptive because of me (laughs). The Manuela knows me very well and therefore hit the bullseye. But it is also important to say that walk a stage where I am accepting the difference in my life.


What difference is this?

While most people have a routine life, mine is anything but routine. Sometimes he stopped, gave to me looking for myself. I felt a great emptiness. Today, I have learned that my life is different.


And it was hard to accept that lifestyle?

I think I accepted it does naturally. Music and concerts taught me a lot. Today, I feel full, satisfied and useful. When people come to me, for example, to tell me that exceeded a difficult phase of life with a letter or my fate, that makes me extremely accomplished. And these things help me a lot to accept my condition.


What was the most emotional approach which had?

Recently, the recording of my new video, one of the technicians asked me if I could call her father, who loved to hear me sing and that was days old. That moment was very sad, but then left me happy to give that time to that person.

And at the end of the concerts is also those people who are signing autographs for hours?

I am. Like much of this contact, unless you have a plane to catch or having to get up at five in the morning the next day.

The first single from the new album is titled ‘Day Off ‘. Still can take days for you?

I have some, but not really force myself to afastar- Me music. I do not feel anything this need, because music is part of my happiness. Some time ago, I’ve been looking for a country to go to holiday, and one of the conditions was soon travel to a country that has good music (laughs). I wanted to sun, beach and rest, but at the same time listening to good music.

SURROUNDED ONLY FOR THE BEST IN THE NEW ALBUM

Recorded by Angelo Freire on guitar Portuguese, Pedro Soares in breach of fado, and produced by Larry Klein (four Grammy winner), the new Ana Moura disc has a list of luxury credits. Among them are Dan Lutz (bass), who has recorded with Lizz Wright and Michael Bublé; Dean Parks (guitar), who collaborated in the studio with Madonna, Stevie Wonder, Elton John and Diana Ross; Pete Korpela (percussion), who has worked with Robbie Williams and Melody Gardot; Pete Kuzma (keyboards), who already had the name associated with Jill Scott and Lizz Wright; Vinnie Colaiuta (drums), which for decades followed Frank Zappa and Sting. The mixtures were divided between Tim Palmer (U2, The Cure and Pearl Jam) and Tchad Blake (The Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys and U2). ‘Moura’ has the quality seal of Henson Recording Studios (Hollywood), which have recorded Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones or Bruce Springsteen.

           Be sure to follow us on Facebook.
         

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment