Saturday, August 16, 2014

Legendary Tigerman: “I was surprised by the generosity of … – Blitz

<- St_tag_body begin -> The True album came out in Portugal earlier this year. As the issue has gone abroad?
has gone well. It has been happening a lot around the disk, either in Portugal or abroad. Will be released in Germany in September; editing in England turned out to be late compared to other European countries; in South America will also happen …

And the level of digressions?
I’ve done two in Brazil and three in Europe. Here in Portugal there was a first for theaters; now, in this time of summer, I’m going through festivals. However, the tour theaters more “seriously” will be held between late January and mid-April 2015

The concert they gave at Super Bock Super Rock is a format to repeat ?
was a special concert. Was assumed as such and was given to me-will to decide what I wanted to do. The idea of ​​calling Alex D’Alva Teixeira (for choirs) came to me a few weeks naturally before the show – I thought it would work very well. And finally worked. The rest of the shows that I do at festivals, including the 16th of August in Fusing be in trio format, with Joao Cabrita on saxophone and Paul Segadães on drums. Eventually, at the end of the tour, I will make two based on what happened in SBSR concerts. Maybe a little more developed yet …

As was to be on stage with a giant music like Eddie Vedder?
was great. I was surprised at his generosity. I loved the fact that you have remembered to invite me to play a song with him at the festival. I argue that it is the right attitude that a musician should have. In a way, I was glad to know that Eddie Vedder has this “normality”.

There was time to rehearse?
We rehearsed once only in sound (laughs).

is very active in the world of social networking. To what extent is it essential for an artist to have that kind of activity?
may or may not be. It is a tool and a simple way to communicate with the public and people who follow our work. Before colocavas a poster on a street where you know people who passed in 1000 not liked you, today you put a poster in a place where you spend like 50.

remains difficult to live music in Portugal?
is not easy. I have been lucky in that aspect. But also took a few years to gain the status to be a musician and live music.

What projects, Tigerman outside the universe, it intends to address in the near future?
I’m doing, together with Rita Redshoes, the soundtrack of the new Rodrigo Areias movie, Straw Road, which will debut next year. I’m finished writing my first medium length, whose recordings should begin early next year. I also have a series of short, even to do with the True, which have been postponed. The idea is to pick the songs and together with a number of people from various quarters, such as photography and literature, revisiting the songs instrumentally and from this base to create small arguments for small films in Super 8

Interview: Manuel Rodrigues
Photo: Rita Carmo / amazes Spirits

Originally published in the fourth edition of BLITZ Fest – the magazine of festivals, already on newsstands <- end st_tag_body ->

The BLITZ is also available for tablet. Download the application to your iPad or Android
Artists A to Z ¤ The Legendary Tigerman <- end st_showBand ->
LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment