Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Paul McCartney reveals that almost gave up music after leaving the Beatles – Daily News – Lisbon

Former Beatles Paul McCartney revealed that began drinking heavily and almost gave up music after the band have separated, in an interview to be published this week.

the music icon, now 73, admitted that he took refuge in alcohol to cope with the end of the band in April 1970, according to an excerpt from a BBC radio interview published Tuesday.

“I was to separate me from my long-time friends, not knowing if he was going to continue in the music,” McCartney said.

“Refugiei- me the drink. it was great at the beginning but then suddenly was not so good. it was not working. I wanted to go back to the beginning of the band, so I ended up forming the Wings “.

Wings – which also included Linda McCartney’s wife -. was formed in 1971 and began to give small concerts unannounced to students

the band was successful, but McCartney knew some criticism in the early days were valid when his first wife, a freshman music, was still learning to play the keyboard.

“to be honest, we were not so good. We were horrible. We knew that Linda did not play well but she learned and, looking back, I am very pleased that we managed, “he said.

” I could have formed a large group and have reached the level of Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page and John Bonham, but we become experts playing in universities and small towns, which was pretty funny since I had been at Shea Stadium recently. “

McCartney said he was pleased to have resolved the strained relationship he had with fellow Beatles, John Lennon, before it was killed in 1980.

“I was very grateful because we have returned to give before he died. Because it would have been very difficult to deal with this is … well, it was hard anyway, “he said.

In 1982, McCartney wrote the song Here Today on Lennon.

After playing a part of the song, he said, “I was thinking of all the things I should have told him. I am very reserved and do not like to open up a lot. Why do people have to know my innermost thoughts? But a song is the place where I can express. Here Today I say to John, “I like you”.

“You can put these emotions, these truths sometimes deep and strange in a song.”

McCartney said that the rivalry between the Beatles and the rise to world fame helped him to write some of his best songs

“When you’re young, there are magical things happen.: part of a band competition with John, be it young, suddenly become famous … everything was good work, “he said.

” If John appeared with a brilliant song, I’d say. ‘Okay, let’s try and be even brighter’ “

The debut program on Saturday

.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment